What are extra charges and when can they be used?
Extra charges are all additional service fees applicable for an event hosted in your venue that were not included in the initial client agreement. On tagvenue.com, extra charges can be applied in cases such as:
- Additional hours (overtime) - when a client stayed in the venue after the booking time ended
- Additional services - when a client ordered additional services which were not included in the initial agreement
- Damaged or missing items - when the venue or event space was damaged or items are missing after the event
After sending an extra charges request, you can edit it by withdrawing the additional charges request and sending another - but once the client has paid the fee, you cannot edit the original request or send another.
When can I request extra charges?
You can request extra charges as soon as the event has started or up to 3 calendar days after the event date. After that, it will no longer be possible to request extra charges, so if possible, do it immediately after checking the venue post event.
How will I be paid for extra charges?
After you send the request, the client has 48 hours to accept and pay the extra charges or open a dispute. If the client doesn't respond or pay the additional charges within 48 hours, we will attempt to charge the client's payment card for the requested amount.
We will issue the payout within 3-5 days from the moment of successful payment.
How can I request extra charges?
- Open the enquiry with the Booking confirmed status and an event date of less than three days ago.
- You will be redirected to your conversation with the client. Click the Request extra charges button located in the upper part of the screen.
- Next you will see the Request extra charges form. First, you need to identify what type of additional charges you would like to request. You need to tick at least one of the options to proceed! Any unselected item will not be visible during the next stages of the form. After ticking the applicable sections, click the Next: Add details button.
- On the next part of the form, you will see sections associated with the reasons you have chosen on the previous page. You are required to fill in the amount requested from the client and a description of the reason for the extra charge. Fill in those sections and proceed with the form by clicking on the button Next: Review.
- You will be redirected to the final step of the form where you will see an itemized list of what you are requesting from the client. If everything is correct, click on the button Send request.
- After sending the request, you will notice a new system message confirming the successful request for extra charges was added directly to the conversation with the client.
Please note, that from this step, you can also click on the button Review charges to see what exactly you have requested or Withdraw charges to cancel your request.
- That’s it! Your request for extra charges has been sent! The client has 48 hours to either accept it or open a dispute. If no action is taken during this time, the client will be automatically charged the requested amount.
A client hasn’t accepted my extra charges request and the automatic charge was declined. What should I do?
If an automatic charge made on the client's card was declined, we will notify the client by sending an email with information about the failed charge. It will still be possible for the client to pay with a different card. From this point, you can always Withdraw extra charges and send them again to trigger automatic payment after the next 48 hours.
A client already paid the extra charges, but I forgot to add one additional item, can I request extra charges again?
After one extra charges request has been paid, it is not possible to send another. In such cases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we will try to assist with solving the problem.
I have sent extra charges with the wrong amount. Can I change it?
Yes, after sending extra charges you will notice the button Withdraw extra charges in the message thread of the enquiry. You can click it, and it will cancel the already sent request. You can now send it again with the correct amount.